Saturday, 24 July 2010

The patio's finished at last



At last, the new patio's finished. It bears little relationship to the original plan but I think it's better for it. Even Jade approves (although notice that she's deliberately turning her back on me - more on the reasons why later).




The washing line is most amazing antique. It was here when I moved in and must weigh a tonne. It was made in Australia and I didn't have the heart to move it so it got a new coat of paint and some new line.




The gravel bed under the washing line is my new herb bed. I had to dig up the old one. Miraculously, the bay tree seems to have survived and the cuttings I took from the lavender have taken. All the gravel in the gravel bed and all the rocks around the pond were dug out of the patio by (my) hand!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment